What is a Computer Virus?
Computer viruses are malicious software or code that are usually used to destroy or damage files. Viruses spread through users transferring infected files between computer systems. There are many types of viruses with different symptoms. Some viruses are just annoying while others can do some serious damage. Don’t confuse a virus with a worm or trojan.
Are you here because you think your computer may be infected with malware?
Here’s some common symptoms of malware:
- Unwanted programs that start automatically.
- Some of your programs fail to load.
- Frequent error messages.
- Duplicated or missing files.
- Constant disk activity.
- Slow startup and performance.
- Browser home page changed.
- Unfamiliar toolbars appears in your browser.
- Random pop ups or browser tabs open automatically.
- Unusual Network activity.
- Lack of storage space.
- Cant access important applications like Command Prompt or Task manager.
- Fake security warning messages.
- Constant system or program crashes.
Note: Some of these symptoms are not always the result of malware.
How to prevent a Virus.
I can’t recall that my anti-virus program ever blocked any type of malware in the past 3 years. If your system is infected with a virus its 99% your fold.
- Don’t click on unknown ads.
- Don’t visit torrent or weird sites.
- Only download software from the developers site.
- Only use one good anti – virus program.
- Stay away from any type of “PC tune up” software.
- Make sure your anti- virus program can scan email messages.
- Don’t open email attachments or links from unknown addresses.
- Keep your friends flash drive away from your PC if your anti-virus or OS is outdated.
- Make sure all your software including the OS and browser Add-ons or plugins are updated.
- Be aware of fake download buttons, if you see one your on the wrong website.
- Use Task manager to close unknown windows.
- Use well known search engines.
A world without annoying pop ups and ads. Thanks for visiting!