*Staging is a feature included in the GoGeek plan, allowing you to create a copy of your website on a separate environment. Web developers use staging environments to test codes and updates to help prevent errors from occurring on ‘live’ websites.
*PCI Complient servers are available on the GoGeek plan, but you don’t need this feature if you are not planing on processing, storing or transmitting credit card data.
Siteground GrowBig: #1 Hosting Plan
4 Important things to consider when choosing a hosting plan:
- Performance: Fast websites offer better user experience and boost your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You want your website to be as fast as possible. Don’t choose a hosting plan just because it’s cheaper than the other – Usually you get what you pay for.
- Support: Customer service are very important. You don’t want to wait hours in a queue for a respond. You need a web host that offer speedy 24/7 support.
- Features: What features and tools do they provide. Look for hidden costs.
- Backup Solutions: Websites can crash for multiple reasons. It’s easy to make a mistake, for example coding mistakes or simply just by installing a plugin. (I’ve made multiple customization mistakes before by deleting and editing the wrong code and files, luckily I always had a backup in place)
Siteground offer 3 hosting plans for WordPress; StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek.
If you are looking for premium resources and fast website loading times then GrowBig is the perfect option. The GrowBig plan also allows you to host unlimited websites with fast 24/7 support.
A perfectly priced hosting plan with all the features and exceptional support. Both the GrowBig and GoGeek plan includes SiteGround’s priority support feature.
GrowBig Highlights and Features
- Fast SSD Storage – These drives are more expensive than regular hard drives, but are much faster.
- Includes a lot of great hosting features.
- Unlimited websites hosted.
- Auto backups – Siteground keep a daily backup of your website for 30 days.
- Impressive Performance.
- SiteGround offer 24 hour support via phone, ticket and live chat.
- All plans come with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL.
- Includes SiteGround’s SuperCacher.
- Free Backup Restores.
- Free WP Migrator.
SiteGround Comparison Table
Does the GrowBig plan have enough resources to handle all your visitors?
The GrowBig plan will be able to handle around 25000 visitors per month. This is more than enough for a small personal blog. If you have more visitors than 25k, you should sign up for the GoGeek plan.
GrowBig Plan Server Resources
GoGeek Plan Server Resources
Importance of Website Speed
Page load speed is very important for SEO and user experience. Siteground surely knows the importance of speed, they always adapt greatest and latest speed technologies available.
Here are some of the speed technologies they use:
NGINX server technology is included in all shared plans and helps to speed up load times for static content on your website.
SuperCacher – SiteGround’s caching system based on the NGINX reverse proxy.
CDN Techonolgy that makes your website load faster by caching its content over multiple data centers.
They also use Solid State Drives on all shared and cloud plans.
A peace of mind…
You can count on their customer support. I contacted Siteground because I had issues setting up Cloudflare on my website. It took them 3 minutes to successfully enabled it and respond back to my query!
If you purchased a hosting plan with SiteGround and are not satisfied with their services they will give you a refund. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee for all shared hosting plans.
If you want a fast website with a outstanding 24/7 support team then get the GrowBig plan from Siteground, and if you want even more resources with extra features like PCI DDS (Payment Card Industry
Data Security Standard) and Staging then GoGeek, otherwise gohome : )
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you purchase one of the services or products thought one of these links. I will never recommend a product or service that i don’t personally use or truly believe are the best option available.
Thanks for your support!
A world without annoying pop ups. Thanks for visiting!