How to create a system image backup of your Windows 10 Computer?
I will show you how to create a full backup with the Windows System Image Tool. A system image is basically an exact copy of your drive. Your Windows 10 installation, Apps, Settings and Files are being stored, which means you can use a Windows Image to completely restore your computer.
Unfortunately the System image tool is missing from the Windows Settings menu, but you can still access it in Control Panel.
How to create a system image:
- Open Control Panel (Win Key + R → type control → Press Enter)
- Click System and Security
3. Click Back up and Restore
4. Click Create a System Image
5. Click the On a Hard disk option → Select your preferred drive to store the back up → Next
I would recommend using an external Hard Drive
6. Select any other drives you may want to include in the back up and click Next
7. Confirm backup and click Start Backup
Always make sure you have a system repair disk just in case something goes wrong.
You can continue to work on your computer while you wait for the process to complete.
How to recover PC using the System Image Backup?
1. Open Settings; Right Click Windows icon → Select Settings OR Press Windows key and type Settings.
2. Click on Updates and Security
3. Select Recovery and Click on Restart now under Advanced start-up.
4. After your computer restarted, go to Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → System Image Recovery. Choose the account to restore and follow the instructions.
A word without annoying pop ups and ads! Thanks for visiting.