The Best WordPress themes for your blog.
The WordPress directory provides a huge collection of free themes that you can use for you blog.
Free themes usually have limited or no support. Most free themes are also not unique and have limited features and design options.
If you are serious about your website, then I recommend getting a good premium theme. A theme must be reliable, lightweight, fast, SEO friendly and responsive on mobile platforms. Premium themes include detailed documentation and you will have developer support should you need it.
It can be a difficult task finding the best theme for your website because there are hundreds of themes, all claiming to fit your needs. If you make the right decision the first time, you will never have to worry about purchasing a theme again.
In this article I will show you 3 of the best WordPress themes specifically for blogging.
I’m using the Genesis Framework by StudioPress for my websites.Genesis is a solid Framework that offers unlimited support and updates with state-of-the-art security.
You need to use The Genesis Framework.
A WordPress theme controls how your website look, but it is much more than just the design of a website. It is crucial to have a website with a solid framework.
The Genesis Framework are created by top developers who know the importance’s SEO, speed and security.
It is extremely important that a theme is regularly updated and it should be adaptable to WordPress updates and other new technology releases.
4 Characteristics of a Good Theme
1. Reliability & Support: You don’t want to waste time with technical issues because of poorly written code or with the possibility that the theme may be discontinued in the near future. A theme should have reliable code and offers regular updates and support.
2. Mobile Responsive: The theme need to function well on all mobile devices. Approximately 50% of website traffic are generated through mobile devices.
3. SEO: Search Engine Optimization is very important, it is the process of getting organic traffic to your website from search engines.
Genesis is optimized for SEO, with clean lightweight code that will make your site run fast and smoothly. Slow Page loading speeds will have a negative impact on your rankings.
4. Security: StudioPress made security a priority when developing Genesis. They also brought in security expert and core WordPress developer to make sure the genesis framework has the best possible security.
StudioPress release new updates regularly, this is very important for keeping your site secure.
Challenges when Updating a WP Theme
Updating a theme correctly can sometimes be a challenge. Many people are having difficulties updating their themes. Some updates can break your site or overwrite all your customizations when it is not done correctly.
With StudioPress themes, you do not have to worry about this, you can easily update your Framework without losing any customizations.
One of the things that make Genesis different is that, by default, the customization changes you make on your website are saved on a child theme and not on the framework itself. When the Framework is updating, all your design settings will not be touched.
Genesis also have an auto update feature.
Value for money. With a solid framework and unlimited updates, support and installs, it is definitely worth it.
Genesis is a very well coded framework with excellent support and security.
Learn more about the Genesis Framework
3 Of the best WordPress Themes – by StudioPress
StudioPress is well known for its clean and reliable themes.
Here are some of the benefits of Genesis themes:
SEO Optimized – Excellent Security – Regularly Updated – Great Support and Documentation – Responsive Designs Build On HTML5 Markup – Mobile Responsive – Clean & Lightweight – Optimized For Speed
1. May Lifestyle Pro
The May Lifestyle Pro is an excellent Genesis child theme if you want to start a food, receipt or a fitness blog. The theme is very flexible and can be used for almost any niche.
2. Foody Pro
Foody Pro Theme is a clean, minimalist theme, but also one of the most flexible Genesis themes. This theme will work on many niches but is especially a good option for food related blogs.
Foody Pro is an excellent theme to showcase your creations. The theme also provides perfect areas where you can place ads or banners.
3. News Pro
News Pro theme is excellent for news websites or blogs that post a lot of content. This is a very flexible theme and is a very good option for bloggers who want to use AdSense on their site.
Things you should know before purchasing one of these themes.
1. You cannot use these child themes without the Genesis Framework.
2. Do not purchase the Framework separately, when you buy the child theme, Genesis will be included.
3. Only buy the Framework alone if you want to code your own custom theme.
How to Install the Genesis Framework
After your purchase, you will have access to the download file of both the theme and the Framework. Download the files to your computer.
1. Go to Appearance > Themes > Add Themes> Upload Theme.
2. Click on Choose File and select the Genesis ZIP file and click Install Now.
3. Click Return to Themes page, DO NOT activate it.
4. Again, click on Upload Theme > Choose file and select the StudioPress theme (the child theme) file and click Install Now.
5. Now you can Activate the child theme.
Did you find this article helpful?
Leave a comment below.
Please note: PCReckoner is an affiliate for some of the services mentioned in this article, (StudioPress) which means that I may earn a commission if you purchase one of the services or products thought one of these links. I will never recommend a product or service that I don’t personally use or truly believe are the best option. Thanks!
« You may like: Why you need to use WordPress